Possible gas explosion near Hawthorne Village PS

Gas explosion Hawthorne Village Milton

About the author

MiltonSearch.com focuses on absolutely everything interesting related to the town of Milton, Ontario, including news, sports, business, arts, events, culture, transit, politics, photography, real estate, advertising, food, and a whole lot more. Part of the Townhound network, MiltonSearch.com is published by Orbit Studios. Established in June 2007, it has become one of Milton's most popular online sources for information -- a trusted and essential community resource.

3 Comments

  1. Mike Cluett says:

    NEWS RELEASE
    December 15, 2010

    Structural fire contained in Milton’s Beaty neighbourhood

    On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at approximately 2:30 p.m., a structural fire occurred at the intersection of Clark Avenue and Bennett Blvd in Milton. The fire is suspected to have been caused by damage to a natural gas line.

    The fire has now been extinguished by the Milton Fire Department, and the area is safe for residents.

    Three of nine interconnected townhomes at the intersection of Clark and Bennett have been affected by the fire. Approximately 10 to 20 homes in the area were evacuated.

    Non-life threatening injuries were sustained by one Union Gas worker, who is currently in hospital.

    As part of the repair process, natural gas service to approximately 500 customers in the area may be temporarily interrupted. The natural gas supply has been shut off to the affected residential area of Yates Blvd to the north, Thompson Road to the west, Clark Blvd to the south and Bennett and McDowell Avenues to the east.

    Please note that Union Gas representatives will need to enter affected homes and businesses to safely turn on all natural gas appliances and equipment. Union Gas employees or their representatives showing proper identification will be going door-to-door to do this. If residents cannot be at home, please consider leaving a key and access instructions with a neighbour.

    In the unlikely event that your home has no heat and you do not have friends or family nearby to visit, Halton Region has opened a warming centre in the auditorium of E.C. Drury High School at 215 Ontario Street South in Milton. The centre will be open as long as needed. Families are advised to bring books, activities, etc., to keep children entertained during their time at the centre. No pets will be allowed in the warming centre.

    Please ensure at least one member of your household remains at home as Union Gas representatives need to turn on all natural gas appliances and equipment in affected homes in order to restore gas service.

    For continued updates, contact 311 or visit http://www.milton.ca until the situation has been resolved. For Union Gas customer service, call 1-877-969-0999.

    – 30 –

    For further information, please contact:
    On Duty Staff Sergeant Halton Regional Police Service
    905-825-4777 ext. 2400

    Andrea Stass
    Manager, Public Affairs and Media Relations
    Union Gas Limited
    519-365-1010

    Reply
  2. Editor says:

    Thanks for the update, Mike.

    Reply

Trackbacks for this post

  1. Milton Newsstand: December 16, 2010 | MiltonSearch.com | Milton Ontario News, Events and more!

Leave a Comment

Powered by WordPress | Deadline Theme : An AWESEM design